The journal of the Society, Molluscan Research (formally Journal of the Malacological Society of Australia) has been publishing research papers annually since 1957. The Society may also publish special publications from time to time. Back issues of both the journal and newsletter are available for purchase. Molluscan Research was published mainly once a year from 1957 to 2001.
The journal’s papers are covered in major abstracting services such as Current Contents, Biosis and Zoological Record. PDFs of papers and abstracts and contents pages for issues from 2002-2004 are available on the CSIRO website and from 2005 to 2012 on the Magnolia Press website. For 2013 to present issues see http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/tmos20/current.
Papers on all aspects of molluscs can be submitted – including systematics, diversity, biology, ecology, physiology, morphology, conservation and behaviour as well as book reviews. Short “research notes” can also be submitted. We will accept papers dealing with molluscs from any part of the world, but our emphasis is with the Indo-west Pacific, including SE Asia, and Australasian regions. All papers will be reviewed by at least two reviewers and authors are required to submit fully electronic final copy.
In addition to receiving hard copies of Molluscan Research members will have free access to online electronic copies.
Outline of history of publication:
- The MSA published their journal mainly once a year from 1957 to 2001 and it was known as the Journal of the Malacological Society of Australia until 1993. The journal name changed to Molluscan Research in 1994. These back issues (1957-2001) are available online at http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/tmos20
- From 2002-2004 it was published three times a year by CSIRO Publishing and pdfs are available free at http://www.publish.csiro.au/nid/133.htm
- From 2005 to 2012, Molluscan Research was published three times a year by Magnolia Press. Pdfs are available for a fee at http://www.mapress.com/mr/about.htm.
- From 2009, Molluscan Research has been jointly published by the MSA and The Society for the Study of Molluscan Diversity based in Japan.
- From 2013, Molluscan Research has been published four times a year by Taylor & Francis
Address all manuscripts submitted for publication in Molluscan Research, and all enquiries concerning publication to:
Dr Winston F. Ponder,
Managing Editor, Molluscan Research
6 College Street,
Sydney NSW 2010,
Phone: 61 (0)2 9969 2587
Institutional subscription to Molluscan Research can be found on the Taylor & Francis website. Financial members of the Malacological Society of Australasia and The Society for the Study of Molluscan Diversity get the print version of the journal free.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Molluscan Research welcomes the submission of papers presenting original research on any aspect of Mollusca. All papers are refereed and must first be submitted to the Managing Editor.
There are no page charges for papers in Molluscan Research by members of MSA or The Society for the Study of Molluscan Diversity. For non-members there are no page charges made for most papers but they may possibly be applied to long papers.