Scientific conferences are organised by the Society every three years.
The basic goals of these conferences are:
- To raise the profile of malacology in the region.
- To allow a forum for malacologists from Australian, New Zealand, the Pacific and Asia, to get together to discuss current research, issues, problems, proposals and joint interests.
- To encourage an exchange of information and increase awareness of malacology throughout Australia and Asia.
In addition, workshops are organized from time to time to meet specific needs, or as coordinators become available.
- 2018: Molluscs 2018 Wellington, New Zealand – dates TBC
- 2015: Molluscs, 2015 Coffs Harbour, NSW – 29 November to 2 December, 2015.
- 2012: Molluscs 2012 3-6 December, Melbourne, Victora.
- 2009: Molluscs 2009, Brisbane, Qld
- 2006: Molluscs 2006, Wollongong, NSW.
- 2004: World Congress of Malacology 2004, Perth, Western Australia [in conjunction with Unitas Malacologica]
- 2000: Molluscs 2000 Sydney
- 1997: Molluscs 1997 Rottnest Island, Western Australia.