New Members click here
Renew Membership click here
Update Contact Details click here
Members Only Section click here
By joining the MSA you will become part of an organisation whose members are interested in the study, conservation and appreciation of molluscs. You will receive information on malacological activities in the region, and you will obtain free access to the MSA newsletter and our scientific publication Molluscan Research. You will also be supporting and furthering the interests of malacology in the Australasian region.
Annual subscription rates
Ordinary Member – $AUD 70
Affiliate Member – $AUD 100
Student Member / Concession – $AUD 45
Other societies and clubs interested in molluscs can become Institution Members. The association of an institution with the MSA offers the following benefits:
- association with the regional Australasian malacological organisation,
- MSA publications (Hard and Electronic copies),
- use of MSA to more effectively lobby,
- a say in policy and priorities,
- facilitating speakers,
- advice on where to get identifications, and
- briefing on relevant current issues.
The MSA Council periodically invites selected individuals to become Honorary Members to receive the benefits of MSA Membership for ten years free of charge.
Honorary Members must demonstrate all of the following criteria:
- Long-standing service and contribution to the MSA (e.g. Council or Branch leadership, publication development, conference or workshop organiser)
- Outstanding achievements in malacology, including those related to education, natural history, or public outreach
- > 10 years of MSA Membership
To nominate someone for Honorary Membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how the nominee meets the above criteria. Final decision will be at the discretion of the Council.